Monday 10 February 2014

A BELATED JANUARY FAVOURITES


This week I thought I'd post a belated January favourites, seeing as I hadn't gotten round to doing it before. I know I'm quite late in posting my monthly favourites, but I wanted to take all of the photos outside and once again, the British weather has let me down for the past week. So, with some admittedly make-shift photographs in place, here are the things that I enjoyed this January.

URBAN DECAY NAKED 3 PALETTE

I haven't had the Naked 3 palette for very long, as I got it for my birthday, which is at the end of January. When compared to the other two Naked palettes, this one is quite different from the other two, because of its pinky hues - I personally really love these new colours, as they really bring out my blue eyes. There are also more matte and satin colours than there were in the previous palettes, which I prefer for everyday wear.

SLEEK BLUSHER IN FLAMINGO

In the pan, this blusher does look like quite a scary colour, as it is a very vibrant hot pink. The pigmentation of this product is amazing, as I have apply the tiniest amount of the product for a nice flush of colour. Because it is so vibrant and pigmented, I reckon that this shade would look good on almost any skin tone - however, if you have pale skin like me, you do have to be a bit careful not to apply too much!

NAILS INC. NAIL POLISH IN STRATFORD

My favourite kind of nail polishes are normally nudes - however, this polish from Nails Inc. is an exception to this rule. In the bottle, the colour of the polish is quite difficult to describe: it is a duo-chrome, but it has hints of gold, green, and pink it. I was expecting this polish to be very bold on the nails, but it is actually a surprisingly subtle colour. This means that the shade is very versatile, as it can be worn during the day or on a night out.

REVLON COLORSTAY ULTIMATE SUEDE LIPSTICK IN SOCIALITE

I mentioned this lipstick in my last post, but I felt that I had to put it in my January Favourites as well. Normally I don't go for pink or nude lipsticks, but I saw this one in Boots and thought that it looked like a good everyday lip colour. The shade itself is definitely a 'my-lips-but-better' shade, which is great for everyday wear but also to wear with a smoky eye makeup look. This is also the first matte lipstick that I've ever bought - I have been put off buying them in the past for fear of them drying my lips out too much, but this product has a nice creamy formulation that is also quite hydrating.

TV SERIES - BREAKING BAD AND SHERLOCK

If I'm going to be really picky, Sherlock technically isn't a monthly favourite of mine, but rather an all-time favourite. However, as the third series was aired and released last month, I'm going to include it in the list anyway. Overall, I really enjoyed Series Three - His Last Vow was my favourite of the series, as it had quite dark undertones as well as being thrilling and tense throughout. On the subject of tense programmes, I started watching Breaking Bad this month -  I think it's safe to say that I am now addicted to this show. I'm about half way through Series Four, and I can see why it is so hyped up - it is very well written and the characters are amazing because they always flit between good and bad.


So that concludes my belated January Favourites - I hope you all enjoyed this post. I've decided that my weekly posts will be published on Mondays from now on, so keep an eye out next week for a new post!



No comments:

Post a Comment