Sunday 22 December 2013

CHRISTMAS NAIL POLISH PICKS


The Christmas season is upon us, which can only mean one thing - celebrations galore. With this in mind, I've picked out five of the nail polishes in my collection which I think are great for this time of year - mostly because they were the most glittery polishes that I could find! Joking aside, here are my picks for some of the best yuletide nail colours.

O.P.I NAIL LACQUER IN LAST FRIDAY NIGHT

This product is from Katy Perry's O.P.I collection (as the name of the polish suggests) from 2011, so I have had it for a little while now. Despite its age, this is a great polish for special occasions or festivities because of its sparkle. Unlike some glittery nail polishes, this one doesn't require numerous coats to build up a solid colour. The actual polish is a very pale blue, almost like a tinted top coat, and it is flecked with bright blue and silver.

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH POLISH IN DISCO BALL

I apologise for the picture quality of this polish - it is so bright and glittery that my camera couldn't focus onto it! This shade is basically a clear nail polish which is studded with different sized flecks of silver, lilac, and blue glitter. This varnish is probably best used as a top coat, as a solid colour will require several coats. Unlike the O.P.I shades on this list, this varnish is a much more affordable party polish.

MAVALA NAIL POLISH IN 370 ELEGANCE

This shade is much more wearable for everyday than the previous two - as the name of the polish suggests, this is a very elegant and sophisticated colour. What's good about this shade is that it goes with pretty much any outfit - unlike some of my other picks which are a bit more bright and bold. The colour itself is sort of a cross between nude and gold, which makes it a bit more of a Christmas colour in my book.

O.P.I NAIL LACQUER IN DIVA OF GENEVA

Again, apologies for the image quality - taking photographs next to Christmas lights is, in hindsight, not the best of ideas. I got this nail polish just the other day as an early Christmas present from one of my friends. As I'm wearing this on my nails at the present time, I thought I'd include it in the list as it is so gorgeous. Granted, deep purple probably isn't the most Christmassy colour, but this shade has a hint of gold in it. Since this was a gift, I'm not sure how expensive this polish is, but I would imagine that it would be discounted online.

O.P.I NAIL LACQUER IN THE SPY WHO LOVED ME

I've saved what I feel is the most festive of the nail polishes until last - this shade from O.P.I's James Bond collection (sorry, there have been a lot from this brand) is a great classy and Christmassy colour. This shade is a vibrant red with flecks of gold glitter in it - I can't think of anything more Christmassy! Appropriately, I got this varnish last Christmas, so it might be available to buy more cheaply now.


So there you have it - my top picks for Christmas nail polishes. Hopefully this won't be my last post before Christmas, but if it is, then I wish you all a very happy Christmas.


2 comments: