Saturday 9 November 2013

FOOD FOR THOUGHT - PEBBLE COOKIES


The past week has been very stressful for me, so what better way to unwind than to enjoy a nice chocolate treat? The title of these cookies may seem a bit odd, but it's because I used Cadbury Pebbles in the biscuits instead of chocolate chips - although M&Ms or Smarties will work fine for this recipe as well. So, if you're in the mood for some double chocolatey cookies, here is the recipe for my Pebble Cookies. (Warning - this recipe makes a lot of biscuits; it made three trayfuls of cookies for me, so you may want to halve the quantities).

INGREDIENTS:
125g of butter
200g of light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
225g of self-raising flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
Cadbury's Pebbles/M&Ms/Smarties or any small chocolate sweets
200g of dark chocolate (optional)

METHOD:

Preheat the oven to around 180 to 200 degrees celsius. Prepare a flat baking tray by placing a sheet of tin-foil or greaseproof paper onto the tray.

Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl. If you are making double chocolate cookies, melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie or by using the microwave (if you are using a microwave, be careful that you don't burn the chocolate).

Add in the egg, vanilla extract, salt, and melted chocolate if required. Mix all of the ingredients together to make a mixture with a similar consistency to cake batter.

Sift in the flour and mix it with the other ingredients until a ball of cookie dough is formed. You can add in your sweets  now if you'd prefer - add them in and mix well to make sure that they combine with the dough properly.

Tear off walnut-sized pieces of the dough and place onto the baking tray. Flatten the dough slightly using your fingertips or the back of a spoon. If you haven't done so already, place some of the sweets on top of the cookies, pressing them into the dough so that they don't fall off when cooked. 

Bake them in the oven for approximately 15 minutes - they should be quite soft when they are taken out of the oven, but as they cool down they get a little firmer. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading this post - let me know in the comments if you decide to make your own cookies!





5 comments:

  1. Hello lovely :)

    The pebble cookies look so yummy!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award 2013. This is a blog award to help other bloggers with less than 200 followers. All you have to do is answer 11 questions that I've posted on my blog and answer them on yours :)

    You don't have to take part but I would love it if you did because I really enjoy reading your blog :)

    Visit my blog to find out more :)

    Love,

    euphoria-xoxo

    www.euphoria-xoxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog and for the nomination!
      I'll get to work on answering those questions ASAP :) x

      Delete
  2. OMG this looks soooo good!!! I'll have to try!! :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete